This post provides some useful iPhone tips.
How to create apps folders on iPhone or iPad
- Go to your Home screen.
- Touch and hold your finger down on the app you want to create a folder until all apps begin to jiggle.
- Keep holding your finger down on the app and drag it on top of another app you want in the same folder.
How to Rearrange Apps and Folders on iPhone
Tap on an app and hold your finger on it until the icons start shaking. When the appicons are shaking, just drag and drop the app icon to a new location. You canrearrange them in whatever order you want (icons have to swap places on the screen; they can’t have empty space between them.)
- How to rename folders on your iPhone
iPhone assigns a name it thinks is appropriate by default, such as Utilities, Productivity, Lifestyle, or Entertainment, based on the kinds of apps you put in the folder, but you can change the name with these steps:
Press and hold an app on the Home screen.
Tap the wiggling folder whose name you want to edit.
Tap the circled X on the right of the field where the name is written.
The field is erased. A cursor appears at the beginning of the field and the keyboard opens.
Tap out the name you wish to give this folder.
Tap the Done key on the bottom right of the keyboard.
Tap outside the folder to close it.
The buttons are still wiggling.
Tap the Home button to save the renamed folder.
Notes: If your apps folder has a badge on the upper right corner, the number on the badge is a cumulative number of items that need attending to, such as unread messages, app updates, or information updates
You can capture the screen on your iOS device using the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
- How to take a screenshot on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on the top or side of your device.
- Immediately press and release the Home button.
- To find your screenshot, go to the Photos app > Albums and tap Camera Roll.
See links below for more tips:
iPhone Tips (Everyday Essentials tips for iPhone)