This post introduces how to setup VPN on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS using Cisco AnyConnect Client.
Step 1: Download Cisco AnyConnect client.
Penn Stater can download at here.
Step 2: Extract the file(s) and install as root.
(1) extract the downloaded file;
(2) then cd to the extracted directory where it has an installation .sh file;
(3) then issue the following command to install Cisco AnyConnect Client:
$sudo ./AnyConnectInstall.sh # note your .sh file may have slight different name
Step 3: Run the following command.
$ sudo apt-get install openconnect network-manager-openconnect-gnome
We need to issue this command to show
Cisco Compatible VPN in the list when we open network manager and add a new VPN.
Step 4: Open Network Manager.
Step 5: Add a VPN in the Network Manager
Step6: Choose Cisco AnyConnect Compatible VPN (openconnect) and click Create.
Step 7: Enter the following info
- Connection name: Tech Services VPN [Note you can name this as you wish]
- Gateway: vpn.its.psu.edu [type in your vpn accordinly]
Step 8: Open Cisco Anyconnect client
Type your VPN address in the connect to textbox, and then enter your username and psw.
Then you are ready to go:)