This page introduces some useful resources related to grant writing, including Letter of Intent, Letter of Support, Letter of Collaboration, Budget Justification, NSF Post Doc Mentoring Plan, Data Management Plan etc.
- Letter of Intent
- Letter of Support
- Letter of Collaboration (template, word template, pdf)
- Budget Justification (template, word template, pdf)
- Data Management Plan (template, word template, pdf)
- NSF Post Doc Mentoring Plan (template, pdf, pdf2)
- about proposal writing
a set of ‘rules’ to use in judging whether a proposal is ready to submit (and to be used by reviewers in judging them) .
Thanks goes to my postdoc supervisor Prof. Alan MacEachren for sharing this with me.
- Chris O’Leary’s essays about writing an “elevator pitch”. This stuff, especially the list of attributes in the “Elevator pitch 101” page (PDF), is very relevant to writing a good grant proposal.
- How to write a great research proposal by Simon Peyton Jones (PDF, PPT).